Monday, February 14, 2011

To Preach Again

I really miss preaching. More and more, my ministry becomes less and less about preaching. As a youth leader and one of three pastors in the church my preaching opportunities are limited.
I love crafting a serm0n. I love studying the text and thinking about it's meaning. I love embodying it as it is delivered. And I love the challenge of discerning how the Spirit is weaving the lectionary into happenings in the church and community.
It is my joy to preach.
I think I'll just have to start blogging more. And perhaps that is where the real preaching happens anymore at least for much of the population.
I will miss the embodiment of delivery. There isn't much embodiment in the written word, and yet a well written piece communicates not only a message but an image. At least for me it does.
So, once again the stream flows past trees and the Spirit that calls me to preach, continues to do so. Perhaps it will be even more meaningful for me to preach without the promise of an audience. And for sure.....there are things I can say here that would be costly if said in the local church.

3 comments:

karen said...

Preach it My Sister!

Rev. Susan said...

Your last sentence - wow. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I have a project for you...preaching through the written word...lets be in touch!