Sunday, June 15, 2008

Not enough oil

As a woman who comes with oil to bear to anoint Jesus' feet, I wonder do I have enough oil.

You see, I am grateful for Jesus, his grace, his forgiveness of sins, his healing ways. Lately, I've been feeling like Mary Magdalene with her 7 demons. I don't think I have seven, yet I haven't really counted. I can come up with three off the top of my head though.

I think finally the grief of my mother, has caught up with other pressing griefs. And then there are the friendly demons....taking on a new ministry, graduating, annual conference.

I think I'm atop of the stressor scale, and haven't had much time to diffuse. Today and yesterday I had the urge to clean which is a sure sign that I need to process. I'm not a good processor by doing nothing......but when I'm busy physically I tend to think well. So tomorrow I hope my house is empty and I am able to do some thinking, processing, and grieving.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Jeri,

I know you have the oil you need, somewhere within. Take your time. Process. It will show up it is there, I know!

Thanks for the post I came back to read it again knowing that I read something profound from you a day or two ago and felt I should return to reread and send you word.

Kelli