Thursday, April 9, 2009


To be held

I need to be held

and just cry into someone's arms

to cry with lament and regret

to cry for loss and sadness and grief



To feel the warmth of love

Someone who will comfort



Such loss cries out for deliverance

For awakening from the darkness of a tomb

a tomb of darkness and violence

of pain and wrath and anger



I seek the comfort of the Mary's

those who mourn for their loss too

I seek the respite and ritual

of letting the past be annointed

with spices and flowers and fragrance



But there is no body left to mourn

nothing but past memories

of things said and not said

things done and not done

things that could've been and maybe even should have been



I want to lean on the Mary's

as I enter that dark tomb and come out again

with no answers but only questions

I want to keep that secret with the womankind

of knowing from the heart and mourning with no words



I want to just hold and be held

and cry tears until there are none left

No comments: