Monday, April 7, 2008

Go Hillary!


I am so glad that I voted for Hillary. I don't know if she'll win, but I am more convinced than every that she is the best candidate.

Finally, there is someone who is speaking and taking stands at political risk for things she believes in. And of course I like her because I agree with the things she stands for.

Today on CNN I heard that she took a stand on the Olympics in China. She doesn't think the President of the United States should be at the opening ceremony as a stand against the human rights violations of China. I think this is a brave and risky stance. But finally, finally, someone is willing to stand up on behalf of people over economics. Hillary is willing to stand up against a nation that has held most favored nation status (China) for years in the U.S. And why have they gained this status....because of the economic prosperity the US gains from this relationship. But human rights violations have been going on for decades. Can anyone forget the college student standing against the tank in Tianman (sp.?) Square?

Then I turned to the Ellen show and heard that she is going to campaign for gay rights in the U.S. She believes that gay couple should be able to become beneficiaries, have entitlement and family priviledges in institutions, insurance, and all the rights married couples have. YES! Someone who is looking out for the marginalized, not the powerful and privileged.

I am proud to have voted for her. I proud of this gutsy woman who is willing to take a stand, even if it means losing her career over it. She is a role model for me and all women, children, and men who believe in truth and justice over economic and political prosperity.

No comments: